So this week I made the some super amazing mozzarella pizza bites! They were one of my favorite recipes that I have found yet 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
1 small head cauliflower
1 and 1/4 cups of low fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
small handful of fresh basil leaves sliced thinly (I left these out because I didn’t have any)
1. Shred the cauliflower in your food processor until it looks like rice – This is called “ricing”.
2. Place the rice in a bowl and microwave it for 5 minutes.
3. Squeeze all of the excess water out with a cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
4. Then mix in your dried ingredients, egg, cheese, and basil leaves. Then mix in your mozzarella cheese.
5. Form your “dough” into little nugget sized pieces on a tray that’s been sprayed with EVOO.
6. Bake at 425F for 20min. (I actually left mine in a little longer to make sure they get a bit crunchy.)
I made up a wee tomatoe purée. To dip them up. Andy LOVED THEM!!! They’re going straight in the cookbook!
Then the following night I made the easiest dinner EVER! It’s called leftovers 😉 I tend to make an extra serving of dinner almost every evening and either save it for lunch the next day or freeze it. It’s fun eating several things that I haven’t made in a while and remembering how yummy they were!